Saturday, 18 July 2015

Growth

I remember my first 10 
All it was for was sweets and chewing gum 
It was over before it came.

I remember my first 100 
Now that was for more, 
And from where I paid my first tithe. 
A crisp 10.

I remember my first 1000 
With excitement and fulfillment 
A gift, but with empowering abilities 
Before it became a note.

I remember my first 10,000 
Yes I saved the 1000 
In the pocket of every worn trouser 
Before I could get a bank to pay them for my save.

I remember my first 50,000 
That came after series of loses and gains 
I learnt to deal, work, sweat and till. 
And the sms alert said this...

I remember my first 100,000 
Now that was a victory! 
My progress for a candy crushing child to a man with a vision...  
Away with the perks we often target

I await my first million 
It might have grown before you read this note
In some chest locked safe 
But be sure that I have never stopped growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment