I was promised a dance and I intend to have it
I will wait for the music to match the steps I have planned out
While turns are taking
I am waiting
I hear the notes from the band
I heck will play them at my free time
The sways and plie's
The counts and the flushes
Patiently my feet must match the count
And when the conductor moves his Baton
I know that gesture all too well
Raising to take this dance
And the pianist misses the score
Saving the situation the conductor calls a medley
And I was ready to take my dance
my feet was counting
But now I stand like one tired of sitting but not waiting
But the sheet has to go one more round
Before I can step out again to claim my dance
But I know this well so I can tell
This time will come
This dance will be danced
I know both the dancer and the conductor
The crescendo is around the corner
Here it is. In time
As the metronome clocks in
In the husk of my counting tongue
"May I have this dance? "
No comments:
Post a Comment