Monday, 20 July 2015

Hiccups

My biological trigger 
The motion that controls my body 
And leaves me in doubt if who owns me. 

If it is just what it is then I am safe, 
But when it happens in life I can't say.
For what made a poet of me?

I can't say I am, 
But this hiccups of life have sent me
to a refuge I for a while ignored.

For now I have rhymes, lines and time 
And the refuge for posterity I yield 
For if your eyes see this, you have my soul. 
When the hiccups are over 
As they always pass 
I will be the same, like before meets after

Yet in learning I have gained 
That I can in Providence lay, 
That won't be hurt or dismayed.

Now I have written, but not informed 
Yet I have for a fact grown 
To be humble to cry no for hiccups

But for hiccups

No comments:

Post a Comment